Following are the tricks that you can use to get more out of whatsapp
image credit: pexels.com
- Personalize WhatsApp stickers
Facebook-owned WhatsApp has recently added the stickers feature allowing its users to send different stickers while chatting, just like other instant messaging apps, in the latest update version 2.18 users can now see a new option in the emoji section of the app called stickers, in the beginning only one sticker pack comes pre-installed with the update. However, the built-in sticker store gives the option to download more. The store also has the option to download stickers from the Google Play Store. Though several third-party sticker packs are available it still lacks some good stickers that you might want to use so why not to create your own stickers and use them.
Well if you are looking for creating your own stickers follow our step by step guide:
Before Creating your personal stickers you need to have latest version 2.18 or above of WhatsApp and a working connection
Creating an image with no background
The first thing you’re supposed to do is to click on your image with the expressions you want and convert it to PNG file format without background. To do this, open your smartphone camera and click on an image and then convert it to PNG file format without background and then add it to WhatsApp. So here’s how to convert your images to PNG with a transparent background or without background.
- Open the play store in Google and search for any Background Eraser app.
- Now open any picture you want to convert to a sticker.
- Remove the background and harvest it accordingly.
- Save the PNG image as WhatsApp only supports PNG stickers.
Note that you need to create at least 3 images since WhatsApp does not allow you to add a sticker pack that contains less than 3 images.
If you have completed the above steps, download another application called WhatsApp Personal Stickers
- Download the app and open it
- The app will automatically detect all the stickers you have created
- Tap on the add button located beside the sticker
- Again type on add option when asked
After opening WhatsApp and heading to the sticker section by tapping the emoji icon from the left of the text box, select the options for the stickers and search for the stickers to send.
- Change Whatsapp language to your local language
WhatsApp has a large group of users from different language backgrounds, so the WhatsApp needs to introduce it in different languages, so WhatsApp-owned Facebook company recently introduced it in many Indian languages. The languages supported are Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi, Telugu, Marathi, Tamil, Urdu, Gujarati, Kannada, and Malayalam.
If you want to use WhatsApp in any of these languages you can follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp
- Go to setting
- Go to chat and open app language
- Here you choose the language of your choice Depending on the languages which your phone supports, the list may include English, Hindi, Bengali Punjabi Telugu Marathi Tamil Urdu Gujarati Kannada and Malayalam you can choose what you want from these options
- Note that WhatsApp follows the language of your phone, for example, if you use your phone in Hindi then WhatsApp will be in Hindi automatically and if you change the language of your phone to English it will automatically change the language of WhatsApp to English
To change the language on Android phone you have to follow this following steps
- Open setting app
- Open language and input
- Open languages
- Select the language of your choice
- When you open your WhatsApp you will find its language changed to the chosen one
For Apple iPhones, you have to follow these steps
- Open setting app
- Tap on general
- Select iPhone language
- Select the language you what to choose
- Again WhatsApp language will be changed to the chosen one
- Listen to the audio message like a phone call
You are in a meeting in a situation where you have to concentrate and a friend sends an audio file to WhatsApp suddenly. Your smartphone reflexes force you to tap the audio file and start playing something too personal loudly on your phone speakers and then all your eyes in your room. Many of us may face this embarrassment, but not many of us know that WhatsApp has a preventive feature.
Note that this trick from WhatsApp only works for audio and not video files. The next time you receive an audio file on WhatsApp instead of just grabbing your earphone, just take your phone and put it on any of your ears after hitting the play button as if you were calling the moment you lift the phone after hitting the play button on the audio file of WhatsApp and put the device on your ears.
This means that you can actually use audio files from WhatsApp as a fun walkie talkie feature to communicate with using short voice clips instead of typing or calling the receive. All this without compromising privacy when you don’t have your earphones around. This feature has been around on WhatsApp for quite a while now, but it seems that very few users know about it.
Recently, WhatsApp ruled out a feature to make communication via audio files easier now that you don’t have to hold on to the micro button to record the entire message, you just need to type in the recording button and drag it up once you’ve done that, you’ll notice a lock icon on the screen and the recording going on..Once you are done with the recording you can put the send button and voice message will be delivered.
- broadcast message to selected persons in a group
You can send a Broadcast message to a contact list that appears as if you’ve asked them individually. For example, if you’ve ever had a free evening and would like to ask several of your friends if they’re there without having to open each chat to ask them separately.
for iOS follow these steps
- go to chats
- tap for a broadcast list
- then select a new list
- Add contact in the list to whom you want to send the message
Android users follow these steps
- open chats
- Then open menu
- Now select new broadcast
- hiding your WhatsApp chat
WhatsApp has recently introduced a new feature to secure your chats from others requiring face ID and password to open chats, but this feature is available only to iPhone users. This is the process for Android user work, but here is the easy method you can use to hide your chats:
- Open WhatsApp
- Tap and hold chat you want to hide
- On top bar select archive chat
This will archive your chat and you won’t see it on your chat screen anymore, but at the bottom of the chat screen on your Android smartphone, you can find all archived chats.
How to archive chats on iPhones
- open WhatsApp
- In the chat, screen slide your finger across the chat you wish to archive from left to right
- Tap Archive
To see archived chats on iPhones scroll to the top and then pull down
If you later change your mind about hiding the chats you can also unarchive the chats
How to unarchive chats on Android
- Scroll to the bottom of the chat screen
- Tap archived chats
- Tap and hold the chat that you wish to unarchive
- On the top bar select the unarchive icon
How to unarchive chats on iPhone
- In the archive, chat screen slide your finger across the chart from right to left
- Tap Unarchive